The Leadership program aims to provide young adults with an increased connection to the mountain community, as well as to help them develop a foundation of leadership, technical, and teaching skills that will serve them well in their personal and professional transition into adulthood. The program will focus on personal skiing and riding skill improvement as well as technical knowledge, mountain knowledge, leadership skills, and teaching skills.
Participants will receive coaching from experienced Mt. Baker Instruction clinicians and staff. The program will provide applicants with an introduction to teaching skiing or snowboarding, and is an excellent first step on the pathway towards becoming a Ski or Snowboard Instructor. However, the skills learned in the program will be valuable whether or not a participant chooses to pursue a future job as a Ski or Snowboard Instructor at Mt. Baker or other ski areas.
Contact your Local Coordinator for a Leadership Program Application Packet
- Applicants must turn 16 no later than January 7th, 2017
- Applicants must be ability 5 or 6 skiers or snowboarders based on Mt. Baker Lesson Placement Guidelines
LEADERSHIP PROGRAM APPLICATION DEADLINE DECEMBER 15, 2017
APPLICANTS WILL BE NOTIFIED OF ACCEPTANCE BY DECEMBER 20, 2017
Leadership Program Rate: $150
- Winter Ride Onward Pass*
- 3.5 Hours Of Coaching Each Program Day
(Split into AM Session and PM Session) for the 8 weeks of the program. Topics include personal skiing and riding improvement, technical knowledge, mountain knowledge, leadership, and teaching skills.
- Winter Ride Leadership Program T-shirt
* Participants must remain in good standing, with no unexcused absences, in order to maintain Pass privileges